1) Do not post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords.
5) Do not befriend people you do not know.
6) Do not meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting that you do know them.
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online.
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views, it doesn’t mean you need to be rude.
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Written by kids about e-safety